EMAIL US CONTACT US
Irvine Royal Academy currently offers S4 pupils the following Skills for Work courses at Level 4/5:
All courses listed above are accredited and delivered in partnership with Ayrshire College. Lecturers from the college are scheduled to attend Irvine Royal Academy weekly to deliver sessions on site alongside school teaching staff.
These courses are partially funded by Developing the Young Workforce Ayrshire and the Princes Trust.
This course is split into three main areas: barista skills, hospitality training and customer service. S4 pupils will attend Barista for four periods each week and will divide their time between barista theory and practical learning. Successful completion of this course will equip students with an in depth knowledge of the hospitality industry, whilst also developing their skills for life, learning and work. Pupils will have the opportunity to organise and get involved in various events across the school calendar throughout the year, such as MacMillan coffee mornings, festive drink tastings, staff wellbeing meetings and the Halloween Ghost Tour to name a few!
On site at Irvine Royal Academy, we have Fiona Callan (Mon, Wed, Thurs, Fri) and John Lang (Tues) who are both our in school careers advisors employed by Skills Development Scotland.
Appointments can be arranged to meet with our careers advisors by visiting them in room 116 or by contacting them via the following information: Fiona.Callan@sds.co.uk John.Lang@sds.co.uk
Any S5/6 pupil wishing to apply to university for September 2022 entry must attend the UCAS group on a weekly basis (Thursday period 1) in Miss McNeil’s classroom. Within this group, you will be given one-to-one support to complete your application and ensure that all information is uploaded and processed accurately. Pupils will be set regular deadlines to ensure applications are fully completed for the week commencing Monday 8th November 2021. Information and details regarding the application process alongside deadlines can be found here.
The UCAS group will run from Thursday 9th September to Thursday 9th November 2021 and will commence again for the Top-Up programme on Thursday 3rd March 2022.
Any pupil interested in applying to study at college – either part-time or full-time – beginning September 2022 should attend the college group on a weekly basis (Thursday period 1) in Miss McNeil’s classroom. Both Miss McNeil and Fiona Callan (Careers Adviser) will be on hand to support pupils in completing their application.
The College group will run from Thursday 2nd December 2021 to Thursday 2nd March 2022. A second group for later applications will be run every Monday period 4 in the library from Monday 21st February to Monday 14th March 2022.
S4-6 pupils will have the opportunity to complete a part-time college course at Ayrshire College as part of their 2022/23 timetable by selecting this option in either column C or column E of their subject choice application. Any pupil wishing to study a part-time college course must attend the college group to complete their application. The following courses are available:
Column C courses:
· Steps to Work Award: Hair & Beauty. Level 4. Kilwinning.
· SfW Energy. Level 5. Ayr.
· SVQ 2 Performing Engineering Operations. Level 5. Irvine Skills Centre.
· HNC Architectural Technology and Sustainability. Level 7. Ayr
· HNC Construction Management & Sustainability. Level 7. Ayr
Column E courses:
· Introduction to Construction. Level 4. Nethermains.
· NPA Hospitality with Barista. Level 4. Kilmarnock.
· NPA Software Development. Level 4. Kilmarnock.
· Skills for Work: Automotive. Level 4. Kilmarnock.
· Skills for Work: Uniformed Services. Level 4. Kilwinning.
· Advanced Woodwork. Level 5. Kilwinning.
· Mental Health & Wellbeing Award. Level 5. Kilwinning.
· NPA Digital Media with Film making. Level 5. Ayr.
· NPA Games Development. Level 5. Kilwinning.
· NPA Sports & Fitness (Team Sports – Football). Level 5. Kilmarnock.
· Skills for Work: Early Education & Childcare. Level 6. Kilwinning.
· Art Portfolio and Print Making (Including Life Drawing). Level 6. Ayr.
· Caring for People with Dementia. Level 6. Online.
· NPA Acting & Performance. Level 6. Ayr.
· NPA Criminology with Forensic Science. Level 6. Kilwinning.
· NPA Criminology. Level 6. Kilwinning.
· NPA Exercise & Fitness Leadership. Level 6. Kilmarnock.
· NPA Psychology. Level 6. Kilwinning.
· NPA Software Development. Level 6. Kilmarnock.
· NPA Sound Production. Level 6. Ayr.
· Photography Studio Skills. Level 6. Ayr.
· FA Civil Engineering (2 years). Level 6. Ayr
· FA Engineering Aeronautical (2 years). Level 6. Ayr
· FA Engineering Electrical (2 years). Level 6. Irvine Skills Centre.
· FA Engineering Mechanical (2 years). Level 6. Kilmarnock.
· FA Scientific Technology (Lab Skills)(1 year). Level 6. Kilwinning.
· FA Social Services, Children & Young People (2 years. Level 6. Kilwinning.
· FA Social Services and Health Care (1 year). Level 6. TBC.
· HNC Cyber Security. Level 7. Kilwinning.
· HNC Electrical Engineering. Level 7. Kilwinning.
· HNC Events Management. Level 7. Ayr.
· HNC Sports Coaching & Development. Level 7. Kilwinning.
THERE’S MORE TO IRVINE ROYAL
For all the latest information and advice on how Irvine Royal Academy is adapting to deal with Covid-19, including school social distancing measures, home learning during lockdown, symptoms, testing and self-isolating, please click the link below.
Latest Covid-19 Information & Advice
Back To Top
Tweets by FalconFoodserv